7.22.2011

Getting Things Done

Sometimes it's hard to do things on my to-do list. Getting inspired to be productive usually requires donuts. Luckily I had a coupon to get my oil changed at a shop next to Dunkin' Donuts. This made waking up for today's task a breeze. I don't normally sit inside the mechanic's lobby due to loud televisions showing geriatric commercials and bitter coffee, but today I perched up and studied for my upcoming yoga training final. While memorizing the Sanskrit names for chakras, I overheard a fellow patron discuss his ambition to learn how to surf. I chimed in, feeling the sugar high from my recent Maple Frosted Donut and Old Fashioned Donut. Turns out Willy and his sidekick run a car detailing service out of their van--which was in the shop for a leaky air conditioner. Today's sun will make a man do crazy things. We had a great chat that included the process of learning to surf. This reminded me of how I only chronicled my first day out, and how I should take note of my recent progress. Here's something else. AM 850 is the best radio station in Hampton Roads. Stand-up comedy 24/7. Also, mechanics really do treat women as inferior human beings. I have yet to been shown otherwise. 

No comments: