4.27.2011

History Of Home Part 8: Temporary High Rollin'

Let me just say--there is nothing much better than a company paying for your housing. I made the most of this luxury for about 6 weeks while I searched for permanent place to live.  I took a bath every night in my bathtub. Someone came in and made my bed while I was at work. Everything was so crisp and clean all the time. I tried to decorate and make my room cozy (see this previous post). It was the beginning of a great adventure for me. I would go to bed alone but feel the energy of being surrounded by over 20 million people (up from only 0.5 million in 1900). Reflecting on that time in my life, I had no idea what was coming. I remembered being completely alone for so many nights, just streaming TV shows until it was time for bed because I was too afraid to walk around alone. At that point I had no idea how much my life would change in the coming years and how I would fall in love with the city around me. I never lived very far from this place and would pass it, look up to the 6th floor where my suite was, and smile knowing that's where it all began. 




No comments: